Search This Blog

Friday 8 June 2012

Oooh I feel better....

I've been feeling a bit down about the effort it involves to object to things like massive telecommunications masts being allowed (probably) in places that are supposedly governed by strict conservation National Parks rules.

This morning I remembered when we wanted to fell the most hideous hedge of overgrown Leilandii, we had to ask permission. We were only given permission if we agreed to plant five trees dictated to us by the National Park Authorities! I felt that was a bit rich meddling in things in my own garden....

So now, their planning officer FAVOURS!!!! a ruddy huge mast just down the road. Well, unfortunately, according to the new UK law, no area anywhere in England can object in any way to such "advances" in technology. Can you believe that? This is a democracy? Well, no actually.

So, I was fantasizing. When the mast goes up - which is surely will - we protesters could simply lie in the road and stop the construction of it, yes?  That would get in the press surely? I'd take along several fully charged egos and some tanks, enough to last a few days in prison.

So at that point, the doorbell rings and the postie delivers my order from cloud9vaping.  Inside it is a gift! It's a Vivi Nova tank set with two spare atties. Yeah! Looks great. I can't wait to try it. Thanks Lisa!

Oooh I feel better....


1 comment:

  1. oh I do hope it doesnt come to such a protest, I would hate to think of you 'banged up' in clink doing stir over a mast... what a pity they don't listen to the people living in the area instead of sitting in offices miles away making choices for you/us as ultimately they always do... it's like every new unwelcome intrusion, it is punted at us as 'in our best interests' like they are doing us a favour and we are tiny children who do not know what is good for us.

    On the up side, let me know how your new toy is! It's great that your getting a few things to try out and I think it's lovely when decent companies offer useful rewards like this and look after valued customers!.. it's quite an old fashioned approach to customer care that doesnt go unnoticed and a few large supermarkets should also bare that in mind.. but thats another story!

    ReplyDelete