Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 February 2013

I've been vaping "lite" - don't cock up what we've got

I tried a new mix of PG and VG with less nicotine. I usually make a mix with no flavour at 18mg (1.8%) and then I add flavour to my tanks. I only use tanks.

But recently, I have been using 10mg nic. It's not as satisfying.

Tobacco Control was so vociferous in the 70's about nicotine being a killer, that the Tobacco Corporations designed "Lites". They had holes around the filters to let in air. On the TC smoke testing machines, they naturally tested less for tar and nicotine. But people aren't machines! The draw was so terrible and the satisfaction so poor, that I never smoked them if I could avoid it - and I used to stick sticky tape around the filter to block the holes, if I really really had to smoke one. But millions of people were bamboozled into thinking "Lites" were better for you. They weren't. People just smoked more!

If Tobacco control had not meddled, "Lites" would not have happened. Cigarettes became more poisonous, not less. It is likely that early cigarettes that had natural tobacco leaves in them that was not altered by industry weren't as harmful as what we ended up with.

I am comfortable vaping 18mg nic and a flavour. I am even happy vaping with no flavour. I tried vaping with no flavour and no nic - but I always felt some aspect was lacking. But some people do that. I want the nicotine because rightly or wrongly, I believe it keeps me well.

So, vaping has evolved to be highly satisfying to devoted smokers like me (50 years experience) and I am one of millions of devoted smokers who no longer smoke. So the way vaping is set up at the moment, WORKS. Now when the "experts" get involved, if they don't spout rubbish about banning e cigarettes, I can see them banning flavours (because what they do to us is an unknown - and it is unknown). And then, the suggested 4mg nicotine strength is not going to satisfy.

Their meddling will cock up vaping just like it did with analogues.


2 comments: